Friday, November 20, 2009

Airbrushed Face

My latent search in life is for makeup that will make my skin look flawless. Maybe its because I've always had freckles and dreamt of porcelain smooth skin. Maybe it's because my own mother's skin is so incredible. Maybe its because I want to be pretty- darn it!

So upon purchase of some fancy-shmancy-guaranteed-to-give-you-flawless-skin-and-last-all-day makeup (aka Illuminare semi-matte foundation), I found myself struggling to get that same pristine finish I got in the store. You see, I decided after spending way too much on foundation- I should skimp on the application tools. I like to be cheap 99% of the time. In this case, I might have picked the wrong time.

Much personal research and discussion with make artists ensued. And ultimately, I've come away with my two favorite tips for foundation application.
- Apply moisturizers generously immediately before the foundation
- Use a foundation brush like this one from Sonia Kashuk (available at Target for $15)                                              
Not only will you get a smooth and poreless appearance, but it's kind of fun to paint on your foundation. It feels like a craft, and I love feeling crafty.

Any brush will work, as long as it is small, synthetic hairs (to keep from absorbing the product) and is somewhat flat with tapered bristles. Hey- us mamas have to have a way to stay fresh. You know, in case hubby ever decides to take us out. Or the new UPS guy is cute!

Stay Sane,
Kris Cabe

keywords: mommy, mom, motherhood, mama, parenthood, tips, tricks, strategies, health, beauty, makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment